- What is Keylate Solutions LLC?
Keylate Solutions LLC is dedicated to the development of advance oxidizer technology that will effectively and safely address microbial control needs of commercial, municipal and agriculture industries.
- What is KL-615?
KL-615 is a 2nd generation modified conventional oxidizer that has an improved performance of more than 10 times that of the conventional oxidizer, i.e. one gallon of KL-615 will perform better than 10 – 20 gallons of the conventional oxidizer.
- What is KL=1112?
KL-1112 is an alternate to KL-615 that does not contain a microfloc.
- What is Oxidation energy?
Oxidation energy is a chemistry term that relates to an atom’s or a molecule’s ability to either give up or accept electrons. The more aggressive this transfer of electrons, the stronger the oxidation energy. The stronger the oxidation energy, the more effective the oxidizer is in accomplishing a desired result. And the more effective the oxidizer, less relative chemistry is needed.
- What is ORP?
ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential) is a measurement of oxidation energy. It is a positive/negative millivolt scale, (-1000mV to +1000mV). A negative number is associated with anaerobic (without dissolved oxygen) environments in which most pathogens live. Conversely, a positive reading indicates an environment that is aerobic (has dissolved oxygen). The use of ORP gives immediate information on the oxidation environment that is easily translated into identifying if the oxidation energy is enough to kill a target microbe.
- What advantages are there to using Keylate Solution’s products?
Because there is much greater oxidation energy per volume relative to other conventional oxidizers, less relative product is necessary to do a better job.The traditional use of oxidizers requires a calculation and measurement of ppm (parts per million) of an active ingredient proportional to the concentration of contaminants in a stream. If then the concentration of oxidizer exceeds allowable levels, then the excess chemicals must be removed. The majority of active components of Keylate Solution’s products are oxygen radicals. It is extremely difficult to come close to exceeding maximum contaminant levels (mcl). In such a case, it would be more cost effective to remove the bulk of contaminants via flocculation and filtration prior to application of Keylate solution products.This means that bacteria, algae and biofilm can be effectively and safely oxidized without threat of exceeding regulated mcls’ and without generating taste and odor problems.
- Are Keylate Solution products environmentally safe?
When used properly, the residues of Keylate Solution products are mineral oxides that are used as micro-nutrients by plants and animals.
- Will Keylate Solution products violate a “Organic” certification?
For both crops and livestock, Keylate Solution products can be safely used. Governing the National Organic Program is 7CFR205.
§205.601 Synthetic substances allowed for use in organic crop production.
In accordance with restrictions specified in this section, the following synthetic substances may be used in organic crop production: Provided, That, use of such substances do not contribute to contamination of crops, soil, or water. Substances allowed by this section, except disinfectants and sanitizers in paragraph (a) and those substances in paragraphs (c), (j), (k), and (l) of this section, may only be used when the provisions set forth in §205.206(a) through (d) prove insufficient to prevent or control the target pest.
(2) Chlorine materials—For pre-harvest use, residual chlorine levels in the water in direct crop contact or as water from cleaning irrigation systems applied to soil must not exceed the maximum residual disinfectant limit under the Safe Drinking Water Act, except that chlorine products may be used in edible sprout production according to EPA label directions.
§205.603 Synthetic substances allowed for use in organic livestock production.
In accordance with restrictions specified in this section the following synthetic substances may be used in organic livestock production:
(7) Chlorine materials—disinfecting and sanitizing facilities and equipment. Residual chlorine levels in the water shall not exceed the maximum residual disinfectant limit under the Safe Drinking Water Act.
(8) Electrolytes—without antibiotics.
- 205.605 Nonagricultural (nonorganic) substances allowed as ingredients in or on processed products labeled as “organic” or “made with organic (specified ingredients or food group(s)).”
The following nonagricultural substances may be used as ingredients in or on processed products labeled as “organic” or “made with organic (specified ingredients or food group(s))” only in accordance with any restrictions specified in this section.
Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Chloride, Calcium hydroxide, Oxygen, Potassium Chloride
Chlorine materials—disinfecting and sanitizing food contact surfaces, Except, That, residual chlorine levels in the water shall not exceed the maximum residual disinfectant limit under the Safe Drinking Water Act (Calcium hypochlorite; Chlorine dioxide; and Sodium hypochlorite).
- Does Keylate Solution products comply with the EPA Green chemistry program?
Principles of Green Chemistry
- Design safer chemicals and products: Design chemical products to be fully effective, yet have little or no toxicity.KL-615 was designed to mimic nature in its mode of cleaning efficacy.
- Design less hazardous chemical syntheses: Design syntheses to use and generate substances with little or no toxicity to humans and the environment.KL-615 depletes and degrades quickly. It simply fades into the background of nature.
- Use renewable feedstocks: Use raw materials and feedstocks that are renewable rather than depleting. Renewable feedstocks are often made from agricultural products or are the wastes of other processes; depleting feedstocks are made from fossil fuels (petroleum, natural gas, or coal) or are mined.KL-615 is not, nor does it contain any petroleum derivatives.
- Use catalysts, not stoichiometric reagents: Minimize waste by using catalytic reactions. Catalysts are used in small amounts and can carry out a single reaction many times. They are preferable to stoichiometric reagents, which are used in excess and work only once.KL-615 takes advantage of catalytic properties to carry and target its active ingredients onto an applied surface.
- Avoid chemical derivatives: Avoid using blocking or protecting groups or any temporary modifications if possible. Derivatives use additional reagents and generate waste.KL-615 does not generate waste byproducts.
- Maximize atom economy: Design syntheses so that the final product contains the maximum proportion of the starting materials. There should be few, if any, wasted atoms.Compared with competitive products, KL-615 was designed to do more with less comparative concentrations.
- Use safer solvents and reaction conditions: Avoid using solvents, separation agents, or other auxiliary chemicals. If these chemicals are necessary, use innocuous chemicals.Adding other reagents to KL-615 takes away from its effectiveness.
- Increase energy efficiency: Run chemical reactions at ambient temperature and pressure whenever possible.KL-615 works best at ambient conditions.
- Design chemicals and products to degrade after use: Design chemical products to break down to innocuous substances after use so that they do not accumulate in the environment.Once applied, KL-615 quickly breaks down to its innocuous components, which are not a threat to the environment.
- Minimize the potential for accidents: Design chemicals and their forms (solid, liquid, or gas) to minimize the potential for chemical accidents including explosions, fires, and releases to the environment.KL-615 was designed to have minimal handling hazards, is not explosive, will not cause fires and has little or no impact on the environment.
- How do you flush a well with Keylate Solution products?
Flushing Water Well
Dissolved matter in ground water, whether 20 feet deep or 2000 feet deep is often sufficient to sustain and promote biologic growth. This growth accumulated and propagates at the site of the highest flow rate, which is at the well screen at the bottom of the well casing.
The biologic growth on the well screen adds an organic loading to the up flow of water. This organic loading increases the demand for a disinfection agent.
The use of chlorine products, or hydrogen peroxide, often leads to an increase in the protein slime produced by bacteria and algae, which increases the toxicity of the water drawn from the well. Conversely, KL-615 has proven to be excellent disinfectants against down hole growth that destroys both the protein slim and microbes.
Biofouling: Since wells have significant amounts of iron, the Bacteria have a ready available source of food. An iron bacterial slime is acidic and will cause significant corrosion, can cause complete and almost sudden loss of Specific Capacity.
Regular use of KL-615 will remove microbial growth within the well casing and will remove the corrosive biofilm on metallic surfaces.
To clean a well, it is important to clean the entire depth of the well casing.
- Prepare a KL-615 solution, ounces of KL-615 per gallons of water for every 100 Ft of well casing by using the following chart.
|Pipe diameter||Solution/100 Ft||KL-615/100 Ft|
|4”||66 gal||84 oz|
|6”||150 gal||192 oz|
|8”||260 gal||332 oz|
|10”||410 gal||524 oz|
|12”||588 gal||752 oz|
- Gravity feed or pump the solution down the casing portal.
- Turn on the pump and by measuring the ORP flowing from a side stream, turn off the pump when the ORP is 500 or higher.
- Let the well sit 10-12 hours.
- Flush the well until clear of debris.
- Place well back in service.
If the well has never been flushed, and the first flush with KL-615 produces excessive debris, repeat the above.
Flush the well with KL-615 every 3-6 months